Re: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 19:58:56 EST

Roland Dreier wrote:
As for IP, as far as I know, there has been no change to any of the
bylaws or other members agreements. If there is some specific
provision that concerns you, please bring it to our attention -- the
IBTA in general and the IBTA steering committee in general have been
very supportive of the OpenIB effort. In fact, most of the IBTA
steering commitee companies (Agilent, HP, IBM, InfiniCon, Intel,
Mellanox, Sun, Topspin, and Voltaire) have been active participants in
OpenIB development. I would hope we can resolve any issues relating
to open source and the Linux kernel.

Read the member agreement :) It -explicitly- does -not- require waiving of patent claims related to any implementation of IB.

That's different from ATA, SCSI, USB, the list goes on...

Jeff