Re: how do you call userspace syscalls (e.g. sys_rename) from insidekernel

From: Brian Gerst
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 10:31:52 EST

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 10:02:08AM -0400, Brian Gerst wrote:

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

could someone kindly advise me on the location of some example code in
the kernel which calls one of the userspace system calls from inside the
kernel?

alternatively if this has never been considered before, please could
someone advise me as to how it might be achieved?

What are you trying to do?

call sys_rename, sys_pread, sys_create, sys_mknod, sys_rmdir
etc. - everything that does file access.

Why? What are you trying to do that cannot be done in userspace?

--
Brian Gerst