how do you call userspace syscalls (e.g. sys_rename) from inside kernel

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 07:56:55 EST

could someone kindly advise me on the location of some example code in
the kernel which calls one of the userspace system calls from inside the
kernel?

alternatively if this has never been considered before, please could
someone advise me as to how it might be achieved?

thank you,

l.

[p.s. i found asm/unistd.h, i found the macros syscall012345
etc., i believe i don't quite understand what these are for, and
may be on the wrong track.]

Truth, honesty and respect are rare commodities that all spring from
the same well: Love. If you love yourself and everyone and everything
around you, funnily and coincidentally enough, life gets a lot better.