question about linux time change

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 21:22:02 EST

I have been asked to add the ability to notify userspace when the time of day changes. The actual notification is the easy part. I'm having issues with where exactly the time is really changed.

do_settimeofday() is pretty straightforward. No problems there.
adjtimex() with ADJ_OFFSET_SINGLESHOT mode seems reasonable as well.

adjtimex() with ADJ_OFFSET is a bit harder to follow. Can you give me any pointers on what's going on with ADJ_OFFSET?

Thanks,

Chris