Re: scsi Target card and scsi Initiator card

From: NucleoDyne Systems,
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 01:08:33 EST

Hi,
Is your configuration as described below?

server-----scsi cable ---- target port ---initiator(s)----devices

There is an easy solution. You may develop a kernel module
that will accept the packets from the target card and forward them
to the initiator. There are a few calls in linux to submit a request
to an initiator. You may look at scsi_do_request() call.

I guess I can not disclose more in details as I have signed a NDA.

A single LSI card (at least a fusion MPT) can be programmed so that it
responds in the SELECTION phase for multiple target devices. That is
the same card can raise the BUSY signal for different target ids
and responds to a selection. This way you can present multiple targets
behind your initiator through your target mode port on the board.

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional help.

Kallol
NucleoDyne Corporation
nucleon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.nucleodyne.com