Re: new dev model (was Re: Default cache_hot_time value back to 10ms)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 20:10:52 EST

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
P.S. I only track `real' (-pre and -rc) releases. I don't have the manpower
(what's in a word) to track daily snapshots (I do `read' bk-commits). If
m68k stuff gets broken in -rc, usually it means it won't get fixed before
2 full releases later. Anyway, things shouldn't become broken in -rc,
IMHO that's what we (should) have -pre for...

I agree completely, but -pre is apparently a dirty word (dirty suffix?:))

Jeff