Re: Raylink/WebGear testing - ray_cs.c iomem bug?

From: David S. Miller
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 12:57:46 EST

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:43:50 -0700 (PDT)
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That cleanup in turn seems to show that the driver was fundamentally buggy
> in a way that really surprises me: it adds "CCS_BASE" to the PCI window
> base in order to get to both the "struct ccs" pointer _and_ to the "struct
> rcs" pointer.

In the spot where this occurs, it adds both CCS_BASE and
'rcsindex' to the sram base, and only when rcsindex >= NUMBER_OF_CCS.

NUMBER_OF_CCS is 64, and the difference between CCS_BASE and RCS_BASE
is 0x400 so this really doesn't account for anything.

I can't see how you've changed the behavior, so it should work as well
as it did before your changes.

Sorry, I don't have a ray_cs handy :)