Re: KVM -> jumping mouse... still no solution?

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 11:30:27 EST

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 05:09 am, Anthony DiSante wrote:
>  > One quick solution I know of is to restart the gpm daemon,
>  > (/etc/init.d/gpm  restart) that resets the mouse settings.
>  > But this is not the correct way, there should be some way
>  > where the driver automatically detects and resets the mouse.
>  >
>
> That doesn't work for me either.  Hmm... maybe it's because I'm using a
> Microsoft mouse... only plays nice with Windows systems?

In 2.6 GPM does not have access to the hardware and therefore cannot reset
it. A temporary fix can be downloaded from here:

http://bugme.osdl.org/attachment.cgi?id=3244&action=view

It will for only on pre 2.6.9-rc2 kernels. When using kernels 2.6.9-rc3+
there is no automatic re-synchronization [yet] but one can restore a mouse
by issuing the following command:

echo -n "reconnect" > /sys/bus/serio/devices/serioX/driver

To find out which 'serioX' your mouse connected to just look into their
respective "driver" attributes - the one with "psmouse" is the one you
need.

--
Dmitry