Re: Badness in enable_irq with 2.6.9-rc3-mm2-vp-t1

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 08:25:57 EST

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 08:10, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> > It is only a warning and the e100 will
> > continue to work.
>
> Hm, for me it didn't. To be more precise, configuring networking with
> DHCP failed. But maybe that problem is somewhere else.

The warning is caused by calling enable_irq()
when the interrupt enable depth is already 0
(interrupt is already enabled).

A couple of people, including me, have reported
this warning. The adapter continues to work.
My understanding of the problem is that it
is a warning only.

Do you see the interrupt count from /proc/interrupts
for the e100 increasing?

--
Paul Fulghum
paulkf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx