Re: Default cache_hot_time value back to 10ms

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 23:31:21 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
"Chen, Kenneth W" <kenneth.w.chen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This value was default to 10ms before domain scheduler, why does domain
scheduler need to change it to 2.5ms? And on what bases does that decision
take place? We are proposing change that number back to 10ms.

It sounds like this needs to be runtime tunable?

I'd say it is probably too low level to be a useful tunable (although
for testing I guess so... but then you could have *lots* of parameters
tunable).

I don't think there was a really good reason why this value is 2.5ms.