Re: libata badness

From: William Knop
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 13:08:46 EST

Or else something else on your system is bad. Like your CPU or RAM.
Run memtest for a while.

I ran memtest for a few hours. It all checks out. Also, CPU intensive stuff doesn't cause weirdness.

The only things which cause corruption, so far as I can tell, are operations on my raid device, md0. Copying from the array takes a while for a crash, while rebuilding a drive on the array is very prompt (<1m) at causing a crash. The crashes likely as not cause widespread kernel corruption. It's only a matter of time before my root fs is blown away again.