Re: libata badness

From: William Knop
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 11:56:40 EST

It either smells like a hardware problem or a raid problem. The oops you list here is in raid5 not libata.

I'm inclined to agree. I should have titled the thread "libata/md badness" since it appears to be a raid atop sata issue. Raid5 apparently works over scsi, though.

This is really beyond my realm of knowledge, though. After I check my drives for errors, I'm going to back up my array and then experiment a bit. I'll post any oopses I find in hopes that someone will be able to properly interpret them.

Will