Re: libata badness

From: William Knop
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 11:27:07 EST

Great. I'll give that a shot after I drive checker utility finishes.

However it seems like the kernel shouldn't be oopsing, panicking, or double faulting if the drive is questionable. It apparently blew away my root fs last time. A peripheral drive failure shouldn't cause such destruction across the system, no?