Re: Strange 2.6.9-rc3 keyboard repeat behavior

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 23:01:24 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 06:49:35PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:

After booting into 2.6.9-rc3 release kernel, I am seeing strange and annoying keyboard repeat behavior.

If I hold down a single key, while in X, the character will repeat at the expected (2.6.9-rc2 and prior) rate... for 1 second.

After 1 second, the keyboard repeat rate slows to half or more.

Can we please fix this? Config attached.

How does it behave on the console? The problem is that X generates its
own software autorepeat and ignores what the kernel feeds it. So I
suppose this might be more a gettimeofday or scheduling problem than one
with the input layer.

Confirmed, console keyboard repeat does not show this behavior.

However... this behavior does goes away when I boot an earlier kernel.

Jeff