Re: 2.6.9-rc3 lost cdrom

From: Micha Feigin
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 20:43:37 EST

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 09:18:21PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 22:10, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > I seem to have lost cdrom support through scsi emulation, any ideas?
> > (its a burner, and drive detection with xcdroast in ide mode is
> > terrible, takes minutes).
>
> Sounds like an xcdroast bug. If they finally dropped the scsi emulation
> it would be a welcome change. It does not make sense to have to use
> some fake SCSI bus to burn CDs on an IDE system.

Not sure if its a bug or a feature ;-) but it does give the message
that its going to take a long time and if I want to make it shorter I
should use scsi emulation and not ide. I don't understand enough about
these to know where the problem lies I'm afraid.

Anyway I got the output of dmesg and was hoping it could shed some more
light on the problem. Seems like a problem with isofs from that:

cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0, type 5
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
cdrom: open failed.
attempt to access beyond end of device
sr0: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=sr0, iso_blknum=16, block=16
attempt to access beyond end of device
sr0: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=sr0, iso_blknum=16, block=16
attempt to access beyond end of device
sr0: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=sr0, iso_blknum=16, block=16
attempt to access beyond end of device
sr0: rw=0, want=68, limit=4
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=sr0, iso_blknum=16, block=16
end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 64