Compaq RA4X00 raid array

From: Daniel_Weigert
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 15:36:22 EST

Apparently, the only way to attach the Compaq RA4000, or RA4100 array to a
linux box is through their
"66Mhz 64bit Fibre Channel card". I have several of these boxes, and would
love to make use of them with a modern Fibre Channel card family such as the
Emulex LightPulse. There is an alpha quality LightPulse
driver hosted on SourceForge for the 2.6 kernel that I'm quite happy with.
:-) I can even see the
controller of the RA4000 with it. I can't, however, see LUN's that array
has. The array shows up as a type 12 SCSI device. There is another driver,
for the above mentioned "66Mhz 64bit Fibre Channel card" that works quite
well for >>ONLY<< that card, and if I use the Compaq card and driver, the
LUN magically becomes visible as a SCSI device. In my round about fashion,
I'm wondering if it is possible to get the bits of the diver for the Compaq
card broken out into a separate driver, which would make it possible to
talk to the RAID controller with my Emulex card. I'd rather have everything
on one SAN.

Dan Weigert
dlw@xxxxxxxx