RE: Serial driver hangs

From: Stuart MacDonald
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 15:18:59 EST

From: linux-kernel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> flush_to_ldisc was ok, then someone added the low latency
> flag. In the current 2.6.9rc3 patch flush_to_ldisc honours
> TTY_DONT_FLIP also

I've come late to this discussion. Not sure what the scope of this
cleanup is, but I'd like to see the flip buffers done away with
entirely, to be replaced by a single buffer with proper r/w locking.
Or keep the flip arrangement, but move it out of tty_struct so that it
can be made larger. Some of our high speed products find the rx buffer
to be less than sufficient.

..Stu