Re: patches inline in mail

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 08:32:37 EST

On Gwe, 2004-10-01 at 06:29, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Guild lines on how to insure this are welcome.
>
> Send angry email to everyone@xxxxxxxxxxxx AFAICT it's impossible with
> recent mailnews.

The mozilla behaviour is RFC compliant[1]. Use text/plain attachments
and mark them "to view" and it should do happier things. (Except with
Linus cos Mr Dinosaur[2] doesn't believe in MIME yet)

I've not been able to coax Evolution into not chewing on non attached
text either (again RFC compliant but not useful). If anyone knows a
magic incantation for it I'd love to know.

(and it might be a good addition to the lkml faq)

Alan
[1] Yes the RFC is stupid but its the spec nowdays
[2] Thankfully not purple and singing