OS Virtualization

From: Arvind Kalyan
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 06:21:47 EST

Hi all,

I'm trying to load and run two linux kernels simultaneously; trying to
demonstrate virtualization as a first step.

Anyone have pointers to where I can start? I looked into plex, bochs,
vmware, usermode linux.. they only simulate an architecture upon which
another kernel runs.

My intentions are to give control to both the kernels to directly control
the hardware and do "context switch" between those two based on
time-slice.

Thanks in advance.

--
i=0141;do{putchar(i);i=i&1?(0x10|i&0xf0)|(i&0xf)<<1:i&4?0:i|4;}while(i);