Re: patch so cciss stats are collected in /proc/stat

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 00:26:24 EST

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 06:58:55PM +0200, Andreas Haumer wrote:
> The majority of _our_ customers are using 2.4.x kernels
> (x beeing in the range from 19 to 28pre3) and it looks like
> it will stay that for quite a while...

I second this. The only one of our customers who tried 2.6 went back to
2.4 because of poor network performance, scheduling problems and stability
issues.

> PS: I know this is somewhat off topic, but I just want to raise
> my voice if I get the impression kernel developers forget about
> the "real world outside". I will shut up in a moment! Thank you!

Very true. You just have to read any 2.6 changelog to understand that
it *is* a development kernel ! The difference between 2.5 and 2.6 is
that the test platform now is larger and includes production systems.

Willy