Re: Windows Logical Disk Manager error

From: Anton Altaparmakov
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 06:23:39 EST

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 11:54, Marcin GibuÅa wrote:
> while using a disc partitioned with ldm the following error occures:
>
> sda:<6>ldm_validate_vmdb(): VMDB and TOCBLOCK don't agree on the database
> size.
> [LDM] sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4

Can you compile in ldm debugging support and then send the full debug
output at boot time?

Also can you download the ldm tools
(http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/downloads.html) and copy the ldm
database to a file and make it available to me?

To dump the database do:

download linux-ldm-0.0.8.tar.bz2 then:

tar xvjf linux-ldm-0.0.8.tar.bz2
cd linux-ldm-0.0.8/test
./ldminfo --copy /dev/sda
tar cvjf ldmdump.tar.bz2 sda.data sda.part

The created file ldmdump.tar.bz2 is what we need.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/, http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/