Re: [patch] inotify: locking

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 04:13:06 EST

> Evolution needs a heuristic to detect when I say that I attached
> something, but when in reality I did not.

I've mostly stopped submitting patches using my email client, and
instead submit them using a variant of a 'patch bomb' script. This has
significantly improved the clerical accuracy of my patch submissions.

The variant I'm using is in pretty good shape - you're welcome to
give it a try. See the embedded Usage string for documentation.

http://www.speakeasy.org/~pj99/sgi/sendpatchset

It handles sending one or several related patches, to a list of email
addresses. You prepare a text directive file with the addresses,
subjects and pathnames to the files containing the message contents.
Then you send it all off with a single invocation of this 'sendpatchset'
script.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability