Re: OOM & [OT] util-linux-2.12e

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 13:43:03 EST

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 08:05:31PM +0300, Jari Ruusu wrote:
> > > How about implementing /etc/fstab option parsing code that is compatible
> > > with existing libc /etc/fstab parsing code:
> > >
> > > defaults,noauto,comment=kudzu,rw
> > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Is there such libc parsing code? Can you tell me which libc?
> > Which file? Invoked for what function calls?
>
> man setmntent

I thought you were pointing me at a comment convention.
But as far as I can see there is none today.

If on the other hand the above is the suggestion for a
comment convention, then I like it, but it has the disadvantage
that it takes part of the namespace of filesystem mount options.
My version did not do that.

> Not directly related to above, but you need to release new version of
> util-linux soon anyway.

OK - done.

> You intruduced this type of gems to util-linux-2.12e
>
> close (fd);
> +
> + if (i) {
> + ioctl (fd, LOOP_CLR_FD, 0);

A merge error. Thanks! Fixed.

Andries

[PS - you write "type of", vaguely suggesting that you could
point out more flaws. If you can, please do.]