Re: WRT54G

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 10:11:44 EST

On Mer, 2004-09-22 at 08:41, www.sveasoft.com wrote:
> Why folks insist on mirroring unstable, development code that include
> additions we have specifically not licensed for redistribution until stable
> under the guise that the GPL gives them this right is beyond my
> comprehension. Perhaps gurus like Alan C. can explain why our model is evil
> and we should be done away with and why the GPL gives these folks this
> right?

Thanks for clarifying all this. I'm not going to tell anyone their
business model is evil (well unless it includes things like shooting
Colombian trade unionists to keep drink prices down).

What you do with code you created, and which isn't derivative of other
code is -your business-. A lot of free software people do ask that it is
made clear which bits are free and which are not. I've never looked at
your development code to know how you handle this.

Alan