Re: hotplug e1000 failed after 32 times

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 21:57:18 EST

Li Shaohua wrote:
I'm not familiar with the NIC driver, but this problem really is
annoying. The gurus, please consider a solution. It's not an uncommon
case. I believe it's common in a big system with hotplug support. I can
understand why the driver doesn't support more than 32 a card, but one
card with 32 times hotplug failed is a little ugly.

There should be no problem at all with the driver supporting 32 NICs... in fact if it cannot support at least 99 NICs, I would consider that a bug.

Jeff