RE: IDE: pdc202xx_new on Asus A7V333?

From: Mårten Berggren
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 16:50:18 EST

> > which gives me the impression that the module has loaded
> ok, but there
> > is no matching entries in /proc/ide and pdcraid does not
> find it. So
> > is there any way to tell if it is working or not? (Should
> there be an
> > entry in /proc/ide?)
>
> If it's a so-called "raid" version of the PDC, you may need to enable
> CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE, as the firmware "hides" the drives.

Good point. I forgot to mention that it is indeed sold as a RAID
system (and it seems to work under XP Pro) and that I have selected
"Ignore BIOS port disabled setting on FastTrak" and "Use PCI DMA by
default when available".

(I also tried to switch PCI-slot for my networking card, but the
effect was that the PDC now shares interrupts with more on-board
USB devices instead of the network card.)

Thanks

Mårten Berggren