Re: [TRIVIAL] Fix recent bug in fib_semantics.c

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 20:39:31 EST

Call stack at failure:
e1000_exit_module
...pci calls...
e1000_remove
unregister_netdev
unregister_netdevice
notifier_call_chain
fib_netdev_event
fib_disable_ip
error_code

Rest of the info has scrolled off the screen.

The problem is when RH/Fedora is doing it's modprobe/rmmod to detect
what hardware is in the system since that's the only thing that would
be rmmod'ing e1000.

On the same system if I disable networking and boot, I can
modprobe/rmmod the drivers without problem. So I'd conclude that RH is
doing something special during it's probing phase, but I don't know
enough about the RH init scripts to know what it is.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx