Re: Celistica with AMD chip-set

From: Arthur Perry
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 10:35:36 EST

I believe that in the card's own PCI config space, there should be a
bit (bit 3) in the BAR configuration register which will tell "somebody" how to set up the device.
Bit 3 tells "somebody" whether or not it is prefetchable.
The bridge then be configured properly for this device.

I am not sure yet just who this should be, but my guess is that there should be a routine
in BIOS that does this.

So the first question I think is to verify that the card does indeed set this bit proper
for the BARs used.

If it is then not being set in the bridge, I would suspect a fault in BIOS.

Am I missing something here?
Please let me know if I am totally off track.

Thanks!