From: Alex Zarochentsev
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 09:20:45 EST

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:18:55AM +0200, Giuliano Pochini wrote:

> On 26-Aug-2004 Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > I advocated (long ago) something like this for /dev handling, just because
> > I think it would make sense to have
> >
> > /dev/hda <- special file
> > /dev/hda/part1 <- partition 1 (aka /dev/hda1)
>
> This breaks the r4 semantics if I understood it correctly.

Reiser4 currently links /metas/ directory under each reiser4 fs object.
Reiser4 "silently" allows regular file to be a directory for that.

That is only an example how an fs object may link its internal hierarchical
structure to the fs tree. /dev/hda/-as-a-dir is another example, but, I am
afraid, it is not a reiser4 business to look into the devices. Devfs or its
successor may do it.

--
Alex.