Re: Termination of the Philips Webcam Driver (pwc)

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 10:41:34 EST

On Gwe, 2004-08-27 at 01:03, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Yes and no. From a legal standpoint you're right. However, we should also
> be polite. If he's the sole author, and he asks for it, I think it's
> reasonable to honor his wishes.

He is not sole author. Large parts of the code are based on other
authors work and simply copied from the standard framework. Please put
back the version without the hooks. It is useful to all sorts of people
in that form.

When the author GPL'd it he gave up his rights to remove it. Expecting
people to clean-room reverse engineer GPL source is a joke.

Alan