Re: [bk pull] DRM tree - stop i830/i915 in kernel

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 06:56:45 EST

> please don't do this.
> This makes it not possible for distributions to ship kernels that need
> to work on both old and new X versions....

no, it'll stop distributions from shipping kernels with both drivers
built-in, modular kernels will work fine, X picks the driver to load, if
people are building in the drivers then I believe they know what they are
at...

Having both drivers built-in is obviously broken and actually doesn't work
at all (someone reported it in an Xorg bug...)

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied@xxxxxxxx