Re: reiser4 plugins (was: silent semantic changes with reiser4)

From: Alexander Lyamin
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 06:47:57 EST

Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 01:22:55PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 03:18:07PM +0400, Alexander Lyamin wrote:
> > Yes, I think it would be nice to have this infrastructure in VFS. Technically.
> > But its not possible, cause of "committee clusterfuck". Socially. Stupidly.
>
> Please explain your problems. I've not seen a single actually working
> proposal yet. Current reiser4 implementation apparently oopses and

Not true. If true - send bugreports.

Its work for me couple of months. there were few hiccups, but they got fixed
quickly by zam@xxxxxxxxxxxx only ext2 partition is /boot cause of BIOS
limitations. Yes, i use it with LVM2 and stuff...

de facto its even more stable then reiserfs 3.6, which got issues with
CONFIG_PREEMPT.

> breaks guaranteed fs semantics, it's not going in in either reiser4 or
> the vfs.
>
> Al has started a thread to hash out working semantics, but there's not been
> a single namesys person involved. Similar all of you have absolutely ignore
Al message had a reply.
"namesys persons" is Hans Reiser. Sufficient ?

> every single technical question or comment but started a flamefest
> consisting mostly of personal attacs and "mine is longer" politics.
no need to comment on this.

--
"the liberation loophole will make it clear.."
lex lyamin