Re: PWC issue

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 00:21:36 EST

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 10:50:05AM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:

> By the way, I have a long running dispute with Greg K-H
> about his refusal so far to remove replace the GPL incompatible
> firmware in certain USB serial drivers with such a user level

Send me a patch to do so, and I will apply it (must include userspace
files so that hotplug can load them properly.)

The last time we went around about this I rejected it as we were in a
stable kernel series. As that is now not true, I'm open to the patch.

It's not an idealogical issue for me, given Linus's statements about
firmware in the kernel, but I do agree that it is a better thing as we
have used up less kernel memory.

thanks,

greg k-h