Re: 2.6.8.1+patches: Still a memory leak with cdrecord

From: Karl Vogel
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 10:52:54 EST

Frank Steiner wrote:
Karl Vogel wrote:

I'm not sure, but this sounds a bit similar to a problem I am seeing.
Are you by any chance using the CFQ scheduler?! (elevator=cfq) If so,
>> give elevator=as or elevator=deadline a go.

I've no idea what the CFQ scheduler is :-) I'm not using anything like
that on the kernel append line, so if it's not standard, then no, I'm
> likely not using it...

Probably not. Anticipatory (as) scheduler is the default, so unless you specify elevator=cfq on the boot line (or are running a patched kernel), you will be using that.

You can look at the kernel boot messages to find out, or do the following in a shell after booting:

# dmesg|grep "io scheduler"