Re: kernel 2.6.8 pwc patches and counterpatches

From: Wouter Van Hemel
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 07:47:42 EST

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

If you feel like it, you can even step up and maintain it.

I really would, if it wouldn't be C, kernel makefile stuff_and_ driver specifics. My current knowledge wouldn't do the driver justice, to say it mildly.

Perhaps one of the maintainers of other webcam drivers could help out here.

Maybe Philips will open up their oh so secret compression algorithm if we
all ask them nicely. I mean, how secret can that still be?...

Corporations can be ridiculous/bureaucratic at times. Especially large ones.

True, but I still think Philips was on the right track. I doubt that their driver being pulled will aid linux support for their products...