From: Markus Törnqvist
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 04:43:45 EST

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 11:35:32AM -0700, Joel Becker wrote:
> Question: Is "cat /foo/bar/baz.tar.gz/metas" the attribute
>directory or a directory in the tarball named "metas"?

This has been fought over on the reiserfs-list ad nauseaum, but
it's a valid point.

That's why I tend to rename metas/ into ..metas/ to avoid
name clashes, even if I've never had a directory named metas/
apart from what Reiser4 ships.

It is then debatable if it should be renamed before it's too
late, have it renamable in the kernel configs (and the name
exported via /sys or something) or just leave it be.

--
mjt