Re[2]: Reiser 4

From: Maciej Soltysiak
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 22:04:07 EST

Hi!

FAS> On Thursday 26 August 2004 22:40, Rodrigo FGV wrote:
>> how i convert reiser3.6 to reiser4. this update is safe???

FAS> Backup / Format / Restore is the only way of migrating to Reiser4 (no magical
FAS> tool to convert from reiser3-to-reiser4 is available ATM).
Hans would be ready to write a conversion tool if you sponsor him ;-)

Anyway Hans wrote once, that future format changes in reiser4 should
be feasible by using a specially written "plugin" for that. (please
refer to the thread about plugins for details, people argue about
the terminology here)

>> the reiser4 have any critical bug?? anyone recommend this update???
Do not use it yet on important data. Please experiment though on data
you do not really value that much.

I have read a report that reiser4 has a problem with apache
trying to access .htaccess. Something about reiser4 giving a
misleading answer to a stat() call or something in that manner.