Re: kernel argument list too long

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 15:19:42 EST

On Thu, 2004-08-26 12:53:33 -0300, Mauricio R. Perez - Centro de Computos <mauricio_perez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <008601c48b84$d7211530$643caf0a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Kernel limitation of argument list it's a problem, not for things I do, else
> is for things that others do, i "need" to compile aubit4gl, but configure
> gives me Argument List Too long, and I need to have more memory for
> arguments, how can y solve this?
> kernel: 2.6.7
> gcc: 3.3.2

$ vi .../linux-2.6.x/include/linux/binfmts.h +/MAX_ARG_PAGES

However, another fix would be to limit the size of supplied arguments,
possibly by placing the source files not into a deep directory (thus
avoiding long absolute paths) etc.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O