Re: Possible dcache BUG

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 22:10:58 EST

On Monday 23 August 2004 22:34, Tom Vier wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 01:05:25AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Whereas the error was always at an odd address, and in the 2nd
>> LSbyte, now its still an odd address but the error has moved to
>> the MSB of a 32 bit fetch:
>
>are you translating virt->phys?

No, this is straight out of the memburn output (after I'd fixed the
printf formatting strings to actually print full 8 character
hexidecimal, but not the address of the error, thats in decimal)

I don't know enough about this to nail it to a physical address
unforch.

And right now I have one of the two sticks pulled, trying to figure
out which one has the tummy ache, but himem is still compiled in and
cc1plus is going crazy, eating all ram and 500Megs of swap trying to
build the libsmoke stuff in the new 3.3 kde. So I'm about to reboot
to a no himem support kernel since I only have half a Gig with just
one stick installed, and see if that fixes cc1plus.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)