Re: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8.1-P7

From: Lee Revell
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 18:58:45 EST

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 15:43, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > to file a bug report. Traces can be found here:
> >
> > http://krustophenia.net/2.6.8.1-P7
>
> re the skb latencies: Mark H Johnson managed to reduce net-input
> latencies by decreasing /proc/sys/net/core/netdev_max_backlog to 8 -
> could you try this, does it help? (you could try an even more extreme
> setting like 4.)

Spoke too soon with my last report. I am actually still seeing
latencies close to 200 usecs in netdev_process_backlog. Reducing
netdev_max_backlog to 4, then 2 did not seem to help.

netdev_process_backlog = 4:

http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.8.1-P8#/var/www/2.6.8.1-P8/trace9.txt

netdev_process_backlog = 2:

http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.8.1-P8#/var/www/2.6.8.1-P8/trace12.txt