Re: 2.6.8.1-ck4

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 18:49:16 EST

Con Kolivas writes:

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
| I don't know what or why, but I am experiancing a nightmare with
| interactivity and heavy nfs use. I am using Gentoo, and I have my
| portage tree exported from a central server. Trying to do an emerge
| update world is taking forever.

[snip]

Yup I think I have a regression here, as well. I remember an older
version of ck exhibited this, but the last one for 2.6.7 did work well
(I think even the one for 2.8.6-rc4 was ok), IIRC. In my case, when
doing a (niced) compile in background, some windows react very slow, ie
Mozilla Thunderbird takes ages to switch trough mails or cliking on an
icon in kde to load up konsole takes about 10seconds or more (shoud come
up <1sec normally).

Using 2.8.6.1-ck4

HTH,

Prakash

For both of you this only happens with NFS? Can you reproduce the problem in flight and send me the output of 'top -n -n 1' while it's happening? Also if you have time can you confirm this happens with just the staircase patch and none of the other patches?

blah... I mean `top -b -n 1`

Con