Re: strange softdog message on 2.4.20 kernel...

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 13:12:57 EST

On Llu, 2004-08-23 at 18:32, Matthew Qvapul wrote:
> So probably it means that redhat changed kernel configuration
> kernel between versions 2.4.18 and 2.4.20.
>
> Do You approve the fact that my mashine was rebooted because of
> such kernel config ?

Good to know it works properly. I'd have to dig back but I think what
actually probably occurred is that 2.4.18 to 2.4.20 was the great
watchdog driver clean up when various drivers lacking "NOWAYOUT" support
got fixed properly upstream and a whole pile of other API variances got
cleaned up and resolved.

Alan