2.6.8 + token buffer filter queue discipline causes kernel panic

From: Richard Wohlstadter
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 12:45:10 EST

Hello,

I have 2.6.8 running on my firewall which uses basic NAT masquerading iptables rules. I recently added a token buffer filter to limit my outgoing bandwidth. As soon as I add the tbf with the tc utility it causes a kernel panic. I backed down to the 2.6.7 kernel(latest debian compiled) and the kernel panic does not occur. Is this a known issue with 2.6.8 or should I run the oops through ksymoops and further debug the issue. Thanks.

Rich Wohlstadter