Re: apm problem with mm series

From: Narayan Desai
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 11:31:49 EST

>>>>> "Narayan" == Narayan Desai <desai@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Narayan> I have started having problems resuming my laptop (a
Narayan> thinkpad t41p)f rom apm-induced sleep. Suspension occurs
Narayan> after a longer period of time than with working kernels,
Narayan> and resume never completes. the fans come back on and the
Narayan> backlight turns on, but the system never returns. It is
Narayan> unresponsive to sysrq keys, and eventually requires a power
Narayan> cycle. This problem started happening between
Narayan> 2.6.8-rc3-mm2 and 2.6.8.1-mm1. 2.6.8.1-mm4 still exhibits
Narayan> this problem. I am building a vanilla 2.6.8.1 kernel now to
Narayan> try out now. I saw the issue with yenta socket problems, so
Narayan> i disabled that support in the mm4 kernel, to no avail. I
Narayan> realize that this isn't too much data to go on, but would
Narayan> appreciate any suggestions.

This problem doesn't occur with vanilla 2.6.8.1.
-nld