Re: Problems compiling kernel modules

From: Lei Yang
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 11:12:20 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 11:04:28AM -0400, Lei Yang wrote:

Sort of, I am trying to make a usr mode library work with kernel. However, floating point operation is necessary in the algorithm. You mean that this can never be done? Is changing floating-point the only thing I can do now?

Before helping out more with your compile issue please explain in propser
detail what you try to achive.
Reading the above I get the impression you thing a library will run
faster when running in kernel context - and thats what you try to do.

If this is your plan then the answer is: Drop it.

NO, this is not my plan :)

I was trying to build a compression/decompression utility with my algorithm in kernel, and want to use it in some of the device drivers.
And in that algorithm, we need floating-point.

Thanks!
Lei