Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 16:54:53 EST

On Sul, 2004-08-22 at 18:31, Christer Weinigel wrote:
> On the other hand a bug in my favourite cd burner application could
> give away SYS_CAP_RAWIO instead, and I think that is even worse.

Its not an easy trade off- I don't know if there is a right answer.
Despite the UI problems in both cdrecord and its author the internal
code is actually quite rigorous so its something I'd be more comfortable
giving limited rawio access than quite a few other apps that touch
external public data.

Alan