RE: Entirely ignoring TCP and UDP checksum in kernel level

From: Josan Kadett
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 04:26:35 EST

Bad news... NAT does not work, but it should have worked. Where might be the
mistake ? I put another machine connected next to the patched linux server,
I sniff the traffic and see that:
(I enabled SNAT);

Packet arrives from 192.168.0.30 (new machine to test nat)
The packet is correctly translated and sent over the line
With the patch, the new packet seems to arrive from correct source 77.1

*But this is where the problem begins, the system does not send the received
packet to the address which is SNATted. I thought, the ip_input.c code would
work in the lowest level so IPTABLES would naively use the changed source
address...

I do not know if ever this problem will end...