modifying tcp/ip stack

From: cranium2003
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 00:48:36 EST

Hello,
I want to modify existing protocol stack as
given below.
What exactly i want to do is that i want to
add a new protocol headerin between IP and ETHERNET
header.
I want to implement packet structure as
(Ethernet header +MY header + IP header +TCP header +
PAYLOAD) that mean when packet comes from NIC it
should first remove MY header in my routine then IP
header in ip_input.c file.
Also at transmitting end packet at IP layer
with (IP header + TCP header +PAYLOAD)structure passed
to ip_output.c then given to my routine for adding a
new protocol header on that packetand then to Ethernet
layer.
I want your help to know what changes i
require to do in kernel 2.4.24 to achieve this?
Please kindly reply me.
Thaking you.

Regards,
Parag.