Re: [RFC] IBM thinkpad Fn+Fx key driver

From: Daniel Pittman
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 09:02:47 EST

On 20 Aug 2004, Erik Rigtorp wrote:
> I've written a driver for some of the extra keys on the thinkpads. The
> supported keys are: Fn+ F3, F4, F5, F7, F8, F9, F12. It has been tested on
> two diffrent thinkpad x31, but I would like some feedback from testing on
> other thinkpads.
>
> http://rigtorp.se/files/src/thinkpad-acpi.tar.gz

Borislav Deianov (borislav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) has recently posted a
similar Thinkpad ACPI driver on the Thinkpad hardware list, and it has a
number of success reports.

He has apparently taken off on holiday, but you can find the code here:
http://bkernel.sf.net/tmp/ibm-acpi-0.3.tar.gz

Perhaps you should talk to him about merging the code, and then working
together to get this into the kernel?

I believe that he has also been in touch with the ACPI development list.

Anyway, it is good to see Thinkpad specific ACPI support on the way --
being able to software control my Bluetooth adapter would be nice. :)

Regards,
Daniel
-- Henry David Thoreau