Re: PATCH: cdrecord: avoiding scsi device numbering for ide devices

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 08:43:11 EST

Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Martin Mares wrote:
> > (BTW: I am not sure I haven't missed anything in the long cdrecord-related
> > threads on the LKML, but I still haven't seen what is exactly so broken on the
> > cdrecord shipped by SUSE.)
>
> I have been following the discussion quite closely and I concur with you.
> Noone has actually said what is broken and all I can say is that I use
> SuSE (9.0 and 9.1 since it came out) and have burnt several CD-Rs and
> CD-RWs with its version of cdrecord just fine...

Let me repeat: I like to do useful things (e.g. finishing the incremental
restore code in star) and not constantly be asked to tell you why it is broken.

I did this nuch more than ance in related mailinglist. The fact that you are
not hit by the bugs is just meanlingless.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni) If you don't have iso-8859-1